Here are some tips submitted by formative …can’t say I fully agree with everything but as a whole it’s on point
10 Tricks to the trade i’ve learned from the past 4 years:
1. when you’re caught in that moment where your brain is literally making a buzzing noise in your head because you’ve been up so long and class starts in a couple hours and you’re desperate for a couple hours of sleep AND you know that you WILL NOT wake up no matter how loud is your alarm is here’s the trick: Sleep on the floor. Lets face it, you’re know you’re at the point you’re going to sleep no matter what angle you’re sleeping in, just sleep in a really really uncomfortable spot so that you’ll wake up, if not by the 6+ alarms you have than through the shear pain the floor is impacting on your hips.
2. If you don’t want to work, you simply won’t work. Your mind says go but your body just won’t do it. Don’t force it- might as well as get a good few hours in instead of 40 hours, of which 80% of it was spent on facebook. Besides architects work best under deadlines
3. deactivate your facebook account. The creepy thing about it is, is that you can never actually delete your account. Just fall off the face of the earth so no facebook message will ever distract you, then you can retrieve it whenever you’d like.
4. never look at the clock. Why the hell do you think casinos don’t have clocks?
5. laugh. Putting on a funny movie while you work will always keep you up. Just gets you excited.
6. Never use hot glue. That stuff is used for people who glue fuzzy pipe wire things on to paper plates. We are architects goddamit. Hot glue are marks of a first year.
7. Also pretty against foam core as well. There’s nothing as nauseating of seeing a model where you can tell your blade hasn’t been switched so it does this thing where it catches on to the foam and tears up the rest of the foam core.
8. You know you fancy when you make your whole model out of plexi glass. (almost as fancy as 3d printing a huge model)
9. Have wet wipes and nail polish remover at your desk. Nothing uglier than finding finger prints on museum board. or places where you’ve clearly have gotten your finger stuck from the super glue
10. Models have a life span. Don’t expect models to move very far nor take a car ride without some damage. Have a tool belt with such supplies as: Super glue, small slab of extra materials, and an xacto. Also if you are going to move stuff, save stuff like people and trees to put on AT the site of your presentation.
- tongue-tiedwhispers reblogged this from archistudent
- mrkenparker likes this
- chathaus reblogged this from archistudent
- samwantstobeanarchitect likes this
- buckster reblogged this from archistudent and added:
- pixel-lust likes this
- laviedeparis likes this
- aleka1 reblogged this from archistudent
- beesonthewhatnow reblogged this from archistudent
- purplecrayonwonder likes this
- karenhilarious likes this
- karlis likes this
- ffffunction likes this
- mebitecture reblogged this from theallnighter
- brunotautmesomething likes this
- guinvr likes this
- dr--coconut reblogged this from sillinesses
- sillinesses reblogged this from archistudent
- revelared likes this
- carolcancerina reblogged this from archistudent
- lavenderetc likes this
- craftyhippo likes this
- packedourthings likes this
- archalisa likes this
- thisdailyllama likes this
- nolacubsfan likes this
- folkingwholockian reblogged this from archistudent
- mnql likes this
- felifel likes this
- succinctsuccession likes this
- carolinevickery likes this
- ibelievedou likes this
- jazzypink reblogged this from theallnighter
- exit-music likes this
- xmm likes this
- archistudent reblogged this from theallnighter and added:
- usualchatter said: Excellent list!
- usualchatter likes this
- itsmemfetalvero likes this
- natstarr likes this
- idaym likes this
- thebroadenthusiast reblogged this from theallnighter
- thebroadenthusiast likes this
- alanadehaan likes this
- formative submitted this to theallnighter